International Forum on Disability Management FAQ
- Q. When is IFDM 2012?
IFDM 2012 will be held on September 10-12, 2010.
- Q. Where will IFDM 2012 be held?
The conference will be held at Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus in London, England.
- Q. Who is hosting IFDM 2012?
IFDM 2012 will be hosted by the Royal Society of Medicine. Click here to learn more about it.
- Q. Who should attend?
The forum will bring together a diverse international audience, including: employers, unions, policymakers, government representatives, worker representatives, disability management professionals, academics, health care providers, advocates for employment of workers with disabilities, risk managers, insurance representatives, and the general public.
- Q. What language(s) will IFDM 2010 be presented in?
IFDM 2012 will be presented in English. No translation will be provided.
- Q. How accessible are the conference venue and meeting rooms?
All meeting rooms are accessible for wheelchair users, however please state on your booking form that you need wheelchair access. This will enable us to plan in advance and reserve a suitable seat/space for you. Lifts are available for your convenience to access some of the rooms.
- Q. How can I get information about exhibiting or sponsoring at IFDM 2012?
Click here to learn about the IFDM 2012 Sponsorship packages. For additional information, please contact Lucy Gettins, Business Development Manager, RSM on +44 (0) 20 7290 2981
- Q. Will CPD be available at the conference?
The RSM has applied for 15 CPD points for this conference (5 CPD points per day).
The Certification Council of the IDMSC recognises that IFDM 2012 will provide an opportunity for CDMP and CRTWC professionals to receive Continuing Education Credits. It is expected that professionals who attend the full conference and optimise all learning activities that are provided in addition to the official agenda presentations will be credited with 20 CEC hours.
- Q. How do I find out more about the IFDM 2012 programme?
The programme is available here.
- Q. What types of sessions does the programme include?
The IFDM 2012 programme includes over 6 main sessions and features over 50 speakers from more than 20 countries. Some sessions include workshops where multiple presenters will present papers organised around a unifying theme.
- Q. How do I register for IFDM 2012?
Registration is available online. Click here to register for IFDM 2012.
- Q. What are the registration fees for IFDM 2012?
Early Bird (valid until 31 May 2012)
Standard rates (between 1 June 2012 and 3 September 2012)
- RSM Members: £400
- Non Members: £500
A daily rate is also available. All registrations are payable in GBP to the Royal Society of Medicine. Payment of all registration fees must be received by Monday 3rd September 2012.
- RSM Members: £500
- Non Members: £600
The following additional events are available for purchase for IFDM 2012 attendees:
- IFDM 2012 Social Programme: London Eye (10th September 2012): £35
- IFDM 2012 Social Programme: London Walks (10th September 2012): £15
- IFDM 2012 Networking Evening: (11th September 2012): £55
- IFDM 2012 Social Programme: Afternoon tea on river boat (11th September 2012): £45
- Q. How do I make payment for IFDM 2012?
Registration fees are payable by credit card on the IFDM 2012 website.
Meals and Social Events
- Q. What meals are included in registration?
The following meals are included in your IFDM 2012 registration fee:
- Breakfast (10-12 September 2012)
- Buffet Lunch (10-12 September 2012)
- AM and PM Refreshment Breaks (10-12 September 2012)
- Q. I am a vegetarian. How can I order vegetarian meal options?
Vegetarian options will be available at all IFDM 2012 meal functions. Please specify your dietary requirements when registering online.
- Q. I have a specific food allergy. How do I ensure there are appropriate meal options available?
Upon registration for IFDM 2012, please specify your dietary requirements in the relevant box.
- Q. What social events are held during IFDM 2012?
The following social events will held during IFDM 2012:
All tickets must be purchased in advance via the IFDM 2012 website.
- IFDM 2012 Social Programme: London Eye (10th September 2012)
- IFDM 2012 Social Programme: London Walks (10th September 2012)
- IFDM 2012 Networking Evening (11th September 2012)
- IFDM 2012 Social Programme: Afternoon tea on river boat (11th September 2012)
- Q. What is the IFDM 2012 conference hotel?
There are four options are available to attendees:
- Q. What is the IFDM 2012 discounted hotel rate?
Rates are as follows:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus: B&B price per night £160 single occupancy, £170 double occupancy
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington: B&B price per night £240 single occupancy, £250 double occupancy
- Chandos House: rates vary depending on room. Please enquiry with hotel directly.
- Q. How do I make my reservation?
Please remember to quote that your booking is for IFDM 2012 to get the conference rates.
- Q. None of your recommended hotels is suitable for my needs. Can you assist?
If you have any specific request/special requirement about your accommodation, please contact our partner First4Venues and ask for their assistance.
- Q. I am an IFDM 2012 speaker, should I make my own hotel reservation?
All IFDM 2012 speakers should make their own reservations.